Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Genuine Investigator (2)

Genuine Investigator Season Two Excerpts, Part Two
Starring: Det. Matthews, Det. Barkley

M: “It’s been eight weeks, Barkley. You got done pretty good, huh? Comin' back soon?”
B: “If I known you for being a betting man, you’d bet. I feel like a comet circling back towards Earth. Been a long time. Those bastards are still out there.”
M: “They are.”
***
M: “We got a fresh lead. A relative of one of the previous victims, Barton Leslie, tipped us off about…”
B: “Wait, wait, wait. Leslie? Are you sure?”
M: “I am.”
B: “I heard someone say that name on the night I got shot.”
M: “And you’re only mentioning this now?!”
***
M: “You sure you up for this?”
B: “I’m up for this and I’m down with that, as the kids say these days.”
M: “You’re not a kid, Barkley.”
***
B: “We’ve been driving for six hours straight. Why do people live so far away from each other? They should all live in one place.”
M: “That would suck some major balls, Barkley.”
B: “You’re probably right. We wouldn’t have to drive for six fucking hours though.”
M: “Fair enough.”
***
M: “What the hell is this thing?!”
B: “Looks like a machine of doom, wreaking havoc upon this very world.”
M: “That wasn’t my first thought.”
***
M: “The Chief was pleased with our work there.”
B: “Feels like we’re flying through particularly dark clouds. The sun is behind them. I can feel it.”
M: “How so?”
B: “Gut feeling.”
M: “The same gut in which you got shot?”
***
M: “This runs deeper than we thought.”
B: “We’re gonna need a bigger shovel to dig through this mud.”
M: “My shovel is big enough.”
B: “Matthews.”
***
B: “Can’t believe he gave them up.”
M: “Told you I’m good at interrogations.”
B: “You did tell me that.”
M: “Told you. Let’s go.”
***
M: “This has been going on for too long. It ends here. Now.”
B: “We've got the area surrounded. No one is sneaking past the firm grip of law enforcement.”
M: “They’ve done it before.”
B: “Not tonight.”
***
M: “Great work there, buddy.”
B: “Indeed. We had each other’s backs.”
M: “We did. Think we deserve a medal or something.”
B: “If that something is a shot of whisky I’m all for it right now.”
***
B: “You know what I’ve learnt from all this?”
M: “What have you learnt, Barkley?”
B: “A lesson.”
M: “You’re like a fucking baby sometimes. What lesson?”
B: “That we can’t always win. We can’t prevent every bad thing from happening.”
M: “But?”
B: “But we can prevent some of them. We can catch those responsible and bring them to justice.”
M: “Sounds about right, Barkley.”
B: “And that’s exactly what we’ve accomplished here. We took down the sharks that were biting at society’s heels.”
M: “Sharks would bite your fucking legs off.”
B: “They would. But we shot them down with the harpoon of justice.”
M: “Did you really just say that? Fuck me.”
B: “What?”
M: “You’re even worse after scotch, my friend.”



No comments:

Post a Comment